What can I do to help myself right now?
Accepting yourself: Everyone is entitled to respect and this includes you.
Staying active: This may seem difficult but regular exercise can really improve your mood.
Time to relax: Put time aside for you. Try to fit things into your day that help you unwind.
Eating healthily: Having a balanced diet is very beneficial to the way you feel. Try to eat your five a day and cut down on sugar or caffeine.
Asking for help: This can sometimes feel difficult and scary but remember - everybody needs help sometimes, whether it's from friends and family, or from your doctor, local support group or a helpline.
Talking to others: A problem shared can be a problem halved. Tr talking about your problems and feelings when they are overwhelming - don't allow yourself to feel isolated.
Useful Self-help Resources
- Audio Self-Help Guides
- Rethink your mind - creative project and competition
- National IAPT Website
- Mental Health Matters - confidential emotional support and guidance
- Warwickshire Books on Prescription
- Coventry Books on Prescription
- Solihull Books on Prescription
- Sorted! It's All About Me
- Living Life to the Full
- Mood Juice audio guides